Canada Eco Accommodations
• A WorldWeb.com Travel Guide to Eco Accommodations in Canada.
Accommodations listed in this category operate within the following guidelines published by the International Ecotourism Society and the United Nations:
- Must practice the four Rís: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Refuse
- Must keep vehicles, bicycles, boats, aircraft and hiking to designated roads, tracks, trails flight paths and schedules
- Must ensure waste disposal has minimal environmental and aesthetic impacts.
- Must be efficient in the use of natural resources
- Must respect and honour the sensitivities, values, traditions, practices and protocols of other cultures
- Must buy and use locally produced goods, foods and equipment that benefits the local community.
- Must buy goods not made from threatened or endangered species.